Camera Setup Procedure
- Assure that the camera is properly mounted, plugged into the computer, and power applied.
- If the 'Startup' dialog box is not displayed, from the Camera Control Menu Bar, choose 'Camera,' then 'Select.'
- After a brief interval, when the camera information has become bold, click it (A). A live image will appear in the Image/Camera Control Window.
- If the camera is unidentified or doesn't connect, click on 'Search Again' (B).
Set Viewing Palette to Grayscale
- From the Camera Control Menu Bar select 'View,' then 'Palette,' then 'Grayscale.'
- When the live grayscale image is visible, press 'Continue.'
Patient information for images to be recorded is entered in the 'Record Settings' dialog box. If it's not already displayed, press F5 to launch. Assure the following values are set:
- All 'Pretrigger' and 'Record Conditions' boxes should be unchecked.
- The 'Record To' field should point to 'c\new_images.' If not, use the file-browse box '...' to navigate to that location.
- Under 'File Naming,' the Snapshots tab must be selected.
- Prefix and Timestamp boxes should be unchecked. Text and Count boxes should be checked. The Count and step fieldS should be set to 1.
- Place cursor in the 'Text' field, enter the patient's name.
- Review and if everything is correctly set and entered, Press 'OK,' then 'Continue.'
Patient Positioning Procedure
Patient positioning and posture is important. Carefully follow positioning instructions.
One image of the patient's thyroid region is required:
The Frontal View Position and Posture
- Position patient directly facing camera, with toes aligned to a line on the floor.
- The patient should be 2- to 3-feet from the camera.
- Patient should maintain good posture, and relax with arms by the side.
It is important that patient not touch the upper part of the breastbone throughout the examination.
Camera Focusing is important. Autofocus may be supplemented with fine focusing, as necessary.
- Using short single clicks, click the + and - buttons in the Focus Control Box to fine tune image focus, as desired.
- Focusing should be adjusted so the entire image is in focus.
- When finished focusing, click the 'x' to close the focus control box.
Recording the Required Image
- Confirm the patient is properly positioned for a Frontal View
- Patient should maintain good posture, with arms by the side.
- Instruct patient to breathe normally, maintain position, and relax without touching the upper breastbone area.
- Confirm in the Files window that the new file was created and properly named, e.g. Patient-000001.img.
- Drag the recorded image file from the Files window to the Camera Control Software window. Assure that the image is properly focused, and clearly displayed.
- If the image is judged satisfactory, click 'Continue.' If not, click the 'Retake' button and when the live image reappears, delete the image file in the Files window and then retake the image.